[Fontconfig] How can I store FC_MATRIX object to cache file?

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 3 01:29:04 PDT 2010

Sorry for my slip to put your name in Subject
(it was automatically copied from Sender:),
I removed it.

On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 03:59:28 -0400
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:

>On 09/03/10 03:50, mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp wrote:
>> Behdad, could I answer to your question? If I'm misunderstanding
>> what I was requested, please give me one more chance.
>
>Your answer was exactly what I was looking for.
>
>Let me think about it.  I'm guessing that this may fall
>into a larger redesign of the matching algorithm to allow
>user-selected preference over matching attributes.

Thank you for very quick reply.

If fontconfig moves to allow user-selected preference
in matching algorithm, it sounds very good news, it
is more than what I expected.

However, the user-selected preference in matching is
not essential for my request. My most important background
is just the reduction of the loop of open/check/close of
font files in the fontconfig client (in my case, poppler
is it).

Regards,
mpsuzuki