[Fontconfig] fc_ucs_to_name

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 12:07:18 PST 2011

On 20 Jan 2011, at 19:40, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> On 01/20/11 14:36, John Emmas wrote:
>> In the meantime, am I right in assuming that there isn't a version somewhere that already comes with support for building with VC++?
>
> Not that I know of.

Thanks Behdad.  I'm not yet familiar enough with Fontconfig to understand how relevant it might be to the Windows platform (I'm really only building it for completeness, as part of a bigger project).  However, since GTK+ got ported to Windows, a reasonable number of other *nix libraries are following suit and adding support for VC++.  Earlier today I was building libpng and Freetype for example, from their supplied VC projects.

Normally, I don't find it too difficult to convert a project if it doesn't have inbuilt support - but of course, auto-generated source files can make things challenging!  :-)

John