[Fontconfig] changing API's of existing funcs

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Nov 7 12:15:04 PST 2011

On Monday 07 November 2011 14:08:48 Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 11/07/2011 02:56 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Monday 07 November 2011 13:34:09 Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> >> Basically, no ABI breakage allowed.  We can add new API though.
> >
> > the question is, how do we preserve ABI compatibility.  is symbol
> > versioning allowed ?  or must we always add new symbol names ?
>
> No symbol versioning.  New symbol names.
>
> What's the highlevel issues you want to address?

i'd like to fix all the uses of "int" that should be "size_t".  basically look
for any place that uses strlen().  in practice, this probably will never be an
issue as people won't be using strings that are greater than INT_MAX, but i
still find it annoying ;).

the other thing i wanted to do was extend FcStrPlus to take an arbitrary
number of args, but i ended up writing FcStrPlusPlus instead.
-mike