[Fontconfig] Font weights?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 17 07:15:22 PDT 2011

On 2011/09/17 13:00 (GMT+0100) Dave Pawson composed:

> W3c css has
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-fonts/#font-weight-prop

> 100 - Thin
> 200 - Extra Light (Ultra Light)
> 300 - Light
> 400 - Normal
> 500 - Medium
> 600 - Semi Bold (Demi Bold)
> 700 - Bold
> 800 - Extra Bold (Ultra Bold)
> 900 - Black (Heavy)

Note that just because W3 & CSS provide for them doesn't mean they exist.
Very few web fonts have more than two weights. Most have only medium & bold.
Some have only bold or only light. Most of the few common fonts that have
more than two are Mac only, or at least were last I checked. Some Vista & W7
fonts might have more.

http://fm.no-ip.com/Auth/Font/fonts-comps-commonweight.html &
http://fm.no-ip.com/Auth/Font/fonts-weightier.html show what's available
among the most common web fonts.