[Fontconfig] strict check for object modification

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Aug 24 09:35:21 PDT 2012

On 08/10/2012 05:42 AM, Akira TAGOH wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> As fontconfig warns to edit the user-defined object for target="scan"
> right now,

Let me put this into perspective: the reason it warns right now is because
those user-defined objects are NOT saved to the cache and lost, hence the
warning.  If you fix the cache, I'd say you should also remove the warning.
As such, I don't think you should take the warning so much as a design
precedent here.

For the rest of the proposal, I fully agree with everything that Raimund said.
 I'd rather not touch these things unless absolutely necessary.

Cheers,
behdad