[Fontconfig] reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.

Marius Tolzmann tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Aug 27 01:08:48 PDT 2012

Hi..

I think just moving those files may be a cleaner/intended solution than
editing the default config files which are distributed with every new
version of fontconfig.

So just move your config from the deprecated location to the new xdg
location..

mv ~/.fonts.conf.d ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/fontconfig/fonts.conf
mv ~/.fonts.conf   ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/fontconfig/conf.d

where XDG_CONFIG_HOME is by default $HOME/.config
(http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html)
and results in:

mv ~/.fonts.conf.d ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf
mv ~/.fonts.conf   ~/.config/fontconfig/conf.d

After moving the files, the warning should be gone (at least if you are
using fontconfig >= 2.10)

bye marius..

--
Dipl.-Inf. Marius Tolzmann <marius.tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de>