[Fontconfig] how to read config file from current dir (relative to a binary using the lib)

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Wed Aug 29 04:27:49 PDT 2012

On Wed, August 29, 2012 03:48, Helmut Tessarek wrote:
> On 28.08.12 19:47 , Raimund Steger wrote:
>> So I think your patch is OK. I have to say that I didn't link
>> statically, but
>> I'd be surprised if that made a difference.
>
> Hmm, interesting. My patch obviously only works on your system. On mine it
> does not help, nor does it read the config in ./fontconfig
>
> It seems that it has something to do with linking it statically, otherwise
> it
> would work on my system as well. I'm using MacOSX (not Linux), but this
> shouldn't matter.

I suppose the only way to be sure what's going on is to open your ffmpeg
build in a debugger and set a breakpoint before getenv("FONTCONFIG_PATH")
in fccfg.c and trace from there. (Configure ffmpeg with
--disable-stripping)

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 Germany +49-179-2981632 icq 16845346