[Fontconfig] Per application settings in .fonts.conf?

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Thu Dec 13 13:06:39 PST 2012

Wendell P wrote:
> [...]
> correct way to do it? Would it be better to just omit the <test>?

Yes just omit it.

> The lower block is now a "font" rule, but it still has no effect. I am
> testing it by setting gedit to display with the Monospace font.

No, both rules must be target="pattern" (but in the correct order),
because "Monospace" is usually only a virtual font name that never
occurs in fontconfig's cache, thus is invalid after the matching stage.

But you still have to make sure that this is the actual name the
application uses. Should be fine for "Monospace" though.

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <rs at mytum.de>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346           work: <rs at interface-ag.de>