[Fontconfig] Per application settings in .fonts.conf?

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Fri Dec 14 10:38:42 PST 2012

Wendell P wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 01:06 PM, Raimund Steger wrote:
>> No, both rules must be target="pattern" (but in the correct order),
>
> There was a mistake in my last test. In the second block, I had
>
>      name="antialias"><bool>true</bool>
>
> However, even after correction, it still did not work with "font". I
> followed your advice and now it works.

OK. One final caveat: Because "Monospace" is such a common generic font
name, it might very often be placed in a pattern's family list by
substitution rules even if it wasn't specifically requested by the
application, triggering your non-AA rule. If you want all monospace
fonts to not have AA, that's fine. If you want some of them to retain
it, this might be a problem. You can write exclusion rules for those
which is a lot of work, or you can switch back to target="font", but in
this case using a real family from the cache, i. e. from the list that
"fc-list '' family" gives you.

Raimund
--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <rs at mytum.de>