[Fontconfig] fontconfig's wip/threadsafe branch

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sun Dec 30 14:43:20 PST 2012

Ping?  Should I merge it in?  It's starting to rot.


On 12-11-19 01:59 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Hi Akira,
> The branch is read as far as I know.  Though I have put my pango threadsafety
> work on hold for a bit.  But I do consider the fc branch to be ready.  At any
> rate, testing these kinds of things is a bit tricky.  I'll see if I can put
> something together.
> Cheers,
> behdad
> On 12-11-19 05:08 AM, Akira TAGOH wrote:
>> Hi Behdad,
>> How's things going on?
>> For some pending tasks on fontconfig I just decided that may be better
>> continuing the work after your branch is merged because some works may
>> be conflict or needs to be reworked in either of your or my side, I
>> suppose I'll work on them anytime soon. particularly after 2.10.2 is
>> released.
>> I hope your efforts would makes fontconfig better and threadsafe, I
>> think it may be a good idea to add some test cases to make sure if
>> there are no regressions for changes will be made in the future so
>> that we can run "make check" for confirmation. that would also be
>> helpful to make sure if someone breaks the threadsafe code.
>> That would be nice if you can add it too though, if you don't have a
>> time, let me try to find a time. anyway, please let me know current
>> plan on this branch.
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Akira TAGOH


More information about the Fontconfig mailing list