[Fontconfig] Unsubstituted value in fontconfig.pc

Daniel Macks dmacks at netspace.org
Wed Jul 18 10:42:09 PDT 2012

Building fontconfig2-2.10.0 on OS X 10.6, my resulting fontconfig.pc file contains a line:

confdir=@confdir@

I assume @confdir@ was supposed to have been substituted by some pathname determined by ./configure rather than remaining literally from the fontconfig.pc.in template. I don't see a "confdir" referenced anywhere in ./configure (but it was in the 2.8.0 release).  Comparing "./configure --help" outputs and default values, the old --with-confdir has been replaced by --with-baseconfigdir, so probably fontconfig.pc.in should specify

confdir=@baseconfigdir@

But I'm not sure what the intended use of this .pc variable is (from the user's perspective) so I don't know if this value is "correct".

dan

--
Daniel Macks
dmacks at netspace.org