[Fontconfig] Fontconfig 2.10.0 mingw build broken

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Mon Jul 23 19:04:23 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Damon Register <dregister at clear.net> wrote:
> Ok, I think I understand all this.  So, the question that remains is this:
> how can the code be fixed so that those files exist before making a
> symlink such that it won't break on Windows?

I did it in git. the quote from automake info:

     Automake also supports two install hooks, `install-exec-hook' and
  `install-data-hook'.  These hooks are run after all other install rules
  of the appropriate type, exec or data, have completed.

So now the block of creating symlinks are being invoked after all of
the installation finished.

> I don't totally understand the differences between 2.9.0 and 2.10.0
> but I do know that 2.9.0 installed without this problem.  I know I could
> be wrong but it seems to me that the order must have been different if
> this worked on windows.

Hmm, rechecked the generated Makefile again. indeed, the dependencies
is different between 2.9 and 2.10. but it was generated by automake
due to the implicit rules maybe. I don't see why. but it may be
because the source place to create a symlink is managed under automake
in 2.10 but was just hardcoding in 2.9.

Using install-data-hook looks promising because it ensure the behavior.

--
Akira TAGOH