[Fontconfig] Heads up: Droid fonts update in Rawhide

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Fri Jul 27 06:41:00 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the experimenting. I take it that the most complete
> config version you produced is the patch you sent separately, not the
> version attached to this mail?

Attached here is one of them. what I sent you separately is a complete patch.

> Just to be clear: it's perfectly OK if the droid sans foo names subsist
> inside fontconfig, the aim is only to cull them from the font selection
> dropdowns in GUI apps

Well, as it still keeps the original name as the family name, both
name may appears there. it may depends on how applications deal with
the multiple values in FcPattern.

> Another complex fontconfig substitution scenario that needs investigating
> is automatic use of PT Sans Caption instead of PT Sans at small sizes, to
> simulate a modern smart font automatically in fontconfig apps

Aha. interesting.

--
Akira TAGOH