[Fontconfig] any possible trouble by adding lang to the pattern by default

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Fri Jun 1 06:51:58 PDT 2012

> [...]
> just realized that there may be the side-effect after this change. if
> any applications expects to see English fonts without any lang objects
> in the pattern,
> [...]
> Though of course it may gives you different result as well
> with/without FcDefaultSubstitute() but whether the pattern built by
> FcConfigSubstitute() contains additional family names etc affects
> scoring to find the best font out.

Yes I understand that such applications will end up with different
patterns and different font selection after the change;
but what I meant to say was, even before they couldn't be sure they would
always get an English font if they leave out 'lang'.

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 Germany +49-179-2981632 icq 16845346