[Fontconfig] What they look like

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Fri Jun 8 00:59:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the great idea. that looks nice though,
unfortunately I have no idea to play with it. particularly where
gFileList.sh, dpFunctions.sh, rmif, mkconfigFile.sh and sax2 is came
from. there are no information about them on the blog.
for the security reason, usually there are no current path in $PATH.
so running mkXML.sh is also failed. I have fop on /usr/bin from the
Fedora package though, mksampler.sh has the hardcoding path for
formatter. it can be improved IMHO.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using font-config and other Linux utilities, I've put together some scripts
> which trawl a list of directories, produce a 'sample' and full character map,
> of each font.
>  Makes use of xsl-fo to produce a PDF output.
> Currently works with .ttf and .otf files.
> Yet to figure out how to get the information from .pfa .pfb files.
>
> Still alpha, feedback welcome.
> I basically wanted to look at fonts prior to selecting one,
> or to check if a font had a certain glyph.
>
> http://dpawson.co.uk/nodesets/entries/120606.html
>
> regards
>
> --
> Dave Pawson