[Fontconfig] New orth file for Uyghur with different script variant

Eagle Burkut eagle.burkut at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 00:17:30 PDT 2012

Dear FontConfig Developers/Maintainers,

For many reasons, Modern Uyghur is being written in 3 different alphabets,
which are Arabic, Latin, and Cyrillic. (Please refer to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_alphabet for more information.)

For the Arabic based Uyghur, we have ug_CN locale in GLIBC and ug.orth
orthography file in FontConfig. while we are working on ug_CN at latin and
ug_CN at cyrillic locale, we are thinking about how to name and develop other
2 variants (Latin and Cyrillic) of the orthographic information files in
FontConfig.

Should they be ug_latin.orth, ug_cyrillic.orth or something else? Please
help us on this problem. Thank you.

Ubuntu Uyghur Translation Group