[Fontconfig] any possible trouble by adding lang to the pattern by default

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Tue May 29 19:32:21 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> Ah, ok. I do this in my .fonts.conf file today. Would an environment
> variable really be more useful?

Yes, particularly for the temporary solution. of course doing it in
fonts.conf would works for the permanent solution though.

Well, though I have no data to estimate how many people is running
their desktops on non-native locale, I guess it may be a few and
primarily this is to help that "few people". I also guess there may be
few people who may want to run apps on various locales without
changing the language settings on the desktop.

Having the environment variable itself for this purpose is harmless
IMHO. though adding an example how to do this in fonts.conf would be
nice too. yeah.

--
Akira TAGOH