[Fontconfig] Request for implementing font substitution for CJK fonts

BlissSam m13253 at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 04:40:36 PDT 2012

Sorry for my misconfigured mail software and all new-lines vanished in the previous mail.

I would like to explain it in detail.
What I mean is, the substitution table I have given IS ALREADY minimal and basic--SimSun to Chinese is like Times New Roman to English.

More than 90% of the Chinese users will use SimSun or STSong as their default serif font, so IT IS COMMON ENOUGH, Just like more than 90% of the English users will choose Arial or Helvetica as their sans-serif font.
But I think a easy-to-use tool to generate font substitution (and also font preferences) is necessary too. So other fonts (e.g. Wei-style or Li-style, they are NOT MINIMAL) substitution rules can be applied by user.

Thanks all the same even if you have different opinions.