[Fontconfig] how to read config file from current dir (relative to a binary using the lib)

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Tue Sep 4 13:32:42 PDT 2012

Helmut Tessarek wrote:
> [...]
> I'm not really sure why fontconfig has to look for the file in only one place
> anyway...

If you take a look at fccfg.c, you'll see that the default for
FONTCONFIG_PATH can only be one path element. Only the environment
variable can have more than one element.

A configure option should not be necessary for the simple approach to
just create something like the existing Win32 initialization for OSX
(even if for some people the former might already be an eyesore ;-).
After all, on that platform it's probably the only thing that makes
sense (as far as I'm guessing). For other Unix targets, I think
fontconfig should stay clear of any hacks or additional #ifdefs. Every
use case where the system fontconfig shouldn't be good enough on these
targets can still be catered for using the other suggestions in this thread.

But in the end all of that might be up to the OSX-savvy person who
contributes the patch. (And Akira of course:)

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <rs at mytum.de>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346           work: <rs at interface-ag.de>