[Fontconfig] Multiple values in <test> - Simple Solution?

Infinality infinality at infinality.net
Tue Sep 11 17:21:08 PDT 2012

On 09/03/2012 06:23 PM, Raimund Steger wrote:
> As to whether there is The Solution planned for this, I don't see
> it... The problem is you can have any number of matching positions in
> such cases, and then where would you apply the edit? What would you do
> for qual's other than "any"? It just wouldn't make sense. OK maybe the
> warning could be more precise and only warn if the match position is
> used in the edit and/or if there is more than one actual match per
> property for a given pattern...
>
> Raimund

Thank you for your excellent response.  At the moment I don't have any
good ideas on how to improve the matching (to make it easier to
accomplish what I am trying to).  But, I do think that limiting the
warning to print only when precisely required would be good.  I know
there have been a *lot* of complaints on various forums and bugtrackers
about the new warnings, and is probably good to limit it to actual cases
where it creates ambiguity.