[Fontconfig] Development snapshot release 2.10.94

sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 29 04:29:35 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Akira TAGOH

> I'm pleased to announce the fourth development snapshot release of
> 2.11, fontconfig-2.10.94 now, to get more feedback to make it more stable.

When I build for native Win32 (in the msys shell, using MinGW port of
gcc-4.7.0) the library that gets built always seems quite serviceable, but
'make check' always fails the test. (This has been happening for quite some
time - it is by no means a *recent* development.)

FAIL: run-test.sh
make[4]: Entering directory `/c/comp/fontconfig-2.10.94/test'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/comp/fontconfig-2.10.94/test'
Testsuite summary for fontconfig 2.10.94
# TOTAL: 1
# PASS:  0
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See test/test-suite.log
Please report to
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enger_bug.cgi?product=fontconfig

(If, as the message, I try to go to
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enger_bug.cgi?product=fontconfig I get a 404
error.)

When I examine the 'out' file, I find it contains simply:
=
=

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the "$FCLIST - family pixelsize  | sort > out"
commands in run-test.sh are producing no output - not even an error message
as best I can tell.

$FCLIST expands to '../fc-list/fc-list.exe' and if I cd to the 'test'
directory and manually run the command I get the following:

sisyphus at Owner-PC311012 /c/comp/fontconfig-2.10.94/test
$ ../fc-list/fc-list.exe - family pixelsize | sort > out
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

But I haven't found a way to obtain that error when running './run-test.sh'
(even if I amend that test script so that errors are redirected to a file).

Any ideas on what's going on here, and how best to proceed ?

Cheers,
Rob