[Fontconfig] fontconfig: Branch 'master' - 23 commits

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Mon Jan 7 03:37:25 PST 2013

On Mon, January 7, 2013 04:43, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 13-01-06 09:15 AM, Raimund Steger wrote:
>> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>>> I'm not sure whether this is a problem for the way fontconfig uses these
>> operations. So far I've not been able to attribute any coredumps to
>> _this_
>> circumstance. This would need attention from an expert on the subject
>> (which
>> I'm not).
>
> So, did the pthread fixes make the crashes to go away or are you still
> seeing
> some?

Unfortunately, I still see crashes. While I think the aforementioned
compiler flags for Sun Studio are still necessary to enable threadsafe
behavior of the standard library (well but maybe Akira can have a word
where to put them...), this might not have been the main problem after
all. I'll see if I can implement a shorter test snippet and send it in,
maybe it's just my buggy test program :-)

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 Germany +49-179-2981632 icq 16845346