[Fontconfig] fontconfig: Branch 'master'

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Jan 23 17:54:50 PST 2013

On 01/23/13 12:24 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 13-01-22 01:17 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> Yes, getprogname will let you use setprogname to change the reported string,
>> while getexecname always returns the string passed to exec().
>
> Feel like submitting a patch for glib's g_[sg]et_prgname()?

To do what?  Default to getexecname() if g_set_prgname hasn't been called?
I only see platform specific bits in there [1] for WIN32 at the moment, nothing
for the equivalent functions on BSD or Linux.   If you wanted that, I'd expect
it to look more like Mesa's code for finding program names, that handles all
the different platforms [2] (though I see now we haven't updated the mesa
code to handle having getprogname() on Solaris yet).

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/glib/gutils.c#n1059
[2]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/xmlconfig.c#n42

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com