[Fontconfig] reminder: 2.11.0 to be released in next week

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Jun 20 06:53:20 PDT 2013

On 13-06-18 05:17 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Lun 17 juin 2013 14:25, Raimund Steger a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>>   <match>
>>     <test1>
>>     <edit1>
>>   </match>
>>   <match>
>>     <test1>
>>     <test2>
>>     <edit2>
>>   </match>
>>
>> i. e., test2 is only evaluated if test1 was successful.
>
> why is edit1 dumped in the second block ?

We don't want edit1 to be applied twice.

> I'd expect it to be applied to
> (even though edit2 will often overwrite it)
>
> What happens if edit1 changes a bit test2 checks?

Then test2 may fail.  More interesting actually is what happens if edit1 makes
test1 fail?  Ideally test2/edit2 should still be tried.  Ie, the equivalence
is not exact.  We really should evaluate tests and apply edits in one pass.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/