[Fontconfig] Can we use base 16, and not 85, for ASCII charset representations?

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Mon Sep 30 03:10:38 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 5:37 AM, W. Trevor King <wking at tremily.us> wrote:
> I think we are miscommunicating here ;).  I was proposing input/output
> be in the

Aha. I got confused since you were talking about the output too and
I'm mainly focusing onto that to argue.
Anyway I see what you mean though, I can't think of any use case one
wants to query so much chunks of the range of the code point like
base-85 compressed string as you explain for the example. in that case
using 'lang' sounds better than it IMHO.

The idea of '{<code point>...}' looks good anyway though, we may need
to discuss the syntax furthermore.

> After all, I don't see a use case for storing all of this output
> (which is verbose either way) in anything other than a temporary file
> or the buffer of a pager or script.  And in that case, who cares about
> a few megs?

Please note that that is the sort of the debugging output. I don't
think it's designed to use it as the production or something like
that.

--
Akira TAGOH