[Fontconfig] fontconfig 2.8.0

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Sun Apr 6 14:53:13 PDT 2014

Derek Leach wrote:
> Hi Akira,
>
> I understand your point, and will attempt to deliver a library with more
> symbol and debug information.
>
> These target units are already deployed, so they cannot turn on logging,
> and this problem has only occurred “once”,

if it's indeed RH bug 532718, which is a thing between fontconfig 2.7
(including 2.6.9x), and fontconfig < 2.6.9x, then you're running two
fontconfig versions on these systems, suggesting a heterogenous,
networked environment or applications that come with their own
fontconfig, maybe even linked statically! So good luck...

A few pointers where you can look for installed fontconfig versions:

* fontconfig.h files
* fontconfig.pc files
* fontconfig.so files (link them with a C program that calls
FcGetVersion() or use a Perl Inline::C snippet etc.)

In the end, maybe you can keep your existing binaries and use different
fontconfig config files with each (with $FONTCONFIG_FILE), that instruct
them to use distinct cache locations...

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <rs at mytum.de>