[Fontconfig] FontConfig iso15924 tag for autoinstallation via PackageKit

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Apr 30 04:19:42 PDT 2014

Le Mer 30 avril 2014 09:45, Frédéric WANG a écrit :
Hi,

> Also, I'm interested in automatic installation of math fonts, so it
> would be important to support the code "Zmth=Mathematical notation" too.
> This script does not correspond to any Unicode script, but you can find
> some relevant ranges in http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-entity-names/#blocks
> (especially the Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols are important and are
> required for [4])

There are a few other unicode zones that do not correspond to human
language symbols but various symbols. I wonder how those should be
selected in fontconfig. Should fontconfig create dummy locales, allow
selection by unicode blocks or something else ?

And the most needed selector is not an unicode block selector but a way to
ask fontconfig for the fonts that can replace wingdings and other well
established symbol fonts (since those are required by lots of
windows-generated documents)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot