[Fontconfig] FontConfig memory question

mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 20 02:19:27 CET 2014

On 19-Feb-2014 16:50, mathog wrote:

> Hmm.  Near as I can tell those gcleanup changes never made it into the
> main branch though, looks like it is all still in wips/gcleanup, with
> no activity since 2013-11-13.  Have you tried wips/gcleanup?

Checked to see if the gcleanup had made it into the main branches.
Built glib 2.39.4 in /usr/local and installed it.  Made my binary use it
with:

   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib

but it there was no (significant) difference in the valgrind output for
helloworld.  Even
though there was a note in NEWS that

  * Due to early testing of the (soon to land) GCleanup framework, a very
    large number of memory errors have been found and fixed (mostly in
    the testcases, but some in glib itself).

If the gcleanup stuff is in there, it doesn't do anything without a code
change.

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu