[Fontconfig] hintslight for CFF fonts

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Fri Jan 17 02:04:27 PST 2014

Thanks for the comment and useful pointer. it's my bad that I have
only poor knowledge in that area. so pretty nice.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org> wrote:

>   . FontConfig should implement an interface to FreeType's CFF driver
>     properties `no-stem-darkening' and `darkening-parameters'.  Those
>     two are global options (controlling FT_Library, so to say), not
>     options local to fonts.  In case there are problems I'm open to
>     suggestions how to improve that on the FreeType side.

I'm a bit concerned about the global option. I'm not quite sure how
many CFF fonts are broken at this point and how long font authors will
take a time to fix. in worst case those global options gives bad
effects to fonts well-maintained and the maintainer take a quick
action for, to work around for bad fonts, which isn't well-maintained,
outdated and so on. plus, there are no syntax so far to let
applications know the kind of global things in fontconfig. if it can't
be improved, I suppose that feature would rather be implemented in
others.

--
Akira TAGOH