[Fontconfig] FontConfig iso15924 tag for autoinstallation via PackageKit

Frédéric WANG fred.wang at free.fr
Thu May 1 05:38:59 PDT 2014

Le 30/04/2014 13:19, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :
> There are a few other unicode zones that do not correspond to human
> language symbols but various symbols. I wonder how those should be
> selected in fontconfig. Should fontconfig create dummy locales, allow
> selection by unicode blocks or something else ? And the most needed
> selector is not an unicode block selector but a way to ask fontconfig
> for the fonts that can replace wingdings and other well established
> symbol fonts (since those are required by lots of windows-generated
> documents) Regards,
One thing that would help is if the InstallFontconfigResources of gnome
PackageKit would be able to handle font installation by family name. At
the moment, it seems that only the lang tag is accepted:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-packagekit/tree/src/gpk-dbus-task.c#n2254

--
Frédéric Wang
MathML Crowdfunding: ulule.com/mathematics-ebooks