[Fontconfig] Determining the presence of a font / font fallback

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Wed Apr 29 05:38:58 PDT 2015

On Wed, April 29, 2015 13:27, Urs Liska wrote:
> [...]
> In that case I'd try another approach that *seemed* promising but also
> had some issues: returning the family name and comparing that to the
> originally given family name.

If I may ask, what issues were they? Because even if fontconfig supported
a comparison mode where family name had to be strictly equal (and nothing
else was checked), that's what it would more or less amount to.

Otherwise, see prior discussion ... also about lilypond:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.fonts.fontconfig/4251

-Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <rs at mytum.de>