[Fontconfig] Set the default LCD filter to... lcddefault

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Dec 10 10:06:04 PST 2015

Akira TAGOH <akira at tagoh.org> writes:

> Any objections from anyone else? if not, will apply this change
> shortly.

It's all a personal preference; I've been using the intra-pixel filter
for so long that the 5x5 kernel filter always makes stuff look fuzzy to
me.

I think many desktop environments now select the 5x5 kernel filter by
default these days though, so I don't think you're actually going to be
affecting the default appearance for most users, only those who are
using a desktop environment which doesn't change the default, and who
haven't gone to figure out how to make things look different.

--
-keith