[Fontconfig] issue with _LARGE_FILES and AIX with version 2.11.92, not with 2.4.2

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Feb 15 12:46:47 PST 2015

On 02/15/15 12:34 PM, Michael Felt wrote:
> So, it seems there is an inaccurate assumption regarding the affect/interaction
> of _LARGE_FILES and _LARGE_FILE_API
>
> Looking at config.h.in <http://config.h.in> - it looks as it _LARGE_FILES was
> added to assist with AIX, and now it is getting the way (fun :p)
>
> I cannot find where the code for configure is generated.

It's autogenerated by the GNU autoconf macro for AC_SYS_LARGEFILE:
https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.69/html_node/System-Services.html

If the #defines it sets are broken for new versions of AIX, then it should be
fixed in GNU autoconf, since otherwise it will be broken in the thousands of
packages that use autoconf.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com