[Fontconfig] fontconfig: Branch 'master'

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Mon Jun 8 19:14:14 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 6:42 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad.esfahbod at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What was the motivation for this exactly?

I thought that mentioned in the log though, the main purpose is to strip
off the unnecessary information on debugging. plus, at this moment one
needs to move forward/back on logs to see how the font was picked up
against the request and vice versa. so wanted another output format to see
both at once.

>     FC_DBG_MATCH_FILTER=family FC_DEBUG=4096 fc-match
>
> can this be made simpler perhaps?  Is the FC_DEBUG necessary?  Rename
> FC_DBG_... to something more intuitive?  At least change the DBG to
> DEBUG...

it could be without FC_DEBUG though, always checking env var may costs. or
it could simply replace FcPatternPrint() with it when env var is set
perhaps.
For naming, thought it may be too long. that's it. if there are any
suggestions, let me know.

Also, seems to crash with size:

> FC_DBG_MATCH_FILTER=size FC_DEBUG=4096 fc-match
>
> I forced rebuild my cache, so not sure what's going on.  Might still be my
> local issue.

reproduced here. fixed. thanks!

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad.esfahbod at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Also, I don't see any docs for FcPatternPrint2 and FcPatternPosition.
> What do
> they do exactly, and why do they need to be public?

For FcPatternPrint2(), just followed to FcPatternPrint(). if it's not that
useful for others, will change it as private then. FcPatternPosition() was
my mistake. updated.

--
Akira TAGOH