[Fontconfig] new release planning

aixtools aixtools at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 15:49:30 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-06 05:23, Akira TAGOH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Over one year has passed since the last stable release and no big problem
> has been reported these days. so I'm planning to release new stable version
> within a week or so.
>
> Please test and let me know if there are any fixes we should include into
> the next.
picked it up from master and the build stops (on AIX, using default
shell, which seems to be /bin/sh, rather than /bin/ksh which is my
regular shell)
and not sure why this is showing up --- maybe something is missing (this
is a second system and git is not installed - I retrieved the 'master'
via a different host.

Anyway, after collecting the master I do the following:

cd master
ksh ./autogen.sh --enable-libxml2
make

This is the tail of what I see:

config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing libtool commands
config.status: executing src/fcstdint.h commands
config.status: creating src/fcstdint.h : _FONTCONFIG_SRC_FCSTDINT_H

Now type 'make' to compile Fontconfig.

root at x064:[/data/prj/freedesktop/fontconfig/master]make
/bin/sh: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 13 : `;' is not expected.
git.mk:97: recipe for target '.gitignore' failed
make: *** [.gitignore] Error 2

root at x064:[/data/prj/freedesktop/fontconfig/master]make -v
GNU Make 4.1
Built for powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
Copyright (C) 1988-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
root at x064:[/data/prj/freedesktop/fontconfig/master]
Script command is complete. The file is ../master-autogen-script.text.