[Fontconfig] fontconfig daemon

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Aug 28 19:25:46 UTC 2016

On 08/28/16 07:56 AM, Keith Packard wrote:
>> I can imagine that such a small tool would be beneficial for all
>> platforms.
>
> Requiring that fc-cache be run after installing fonts might be more
> practical. One issue with this is on multi-arch systems where you need
> *two* cache files, but you only get one fc-cache program in your path.

The solution I've been using on Solaris for this is to deliver both
32-bit & 64-bit copies of fc-cache and having them both run by our
service management framework on both every reboot and any time a
package delivering fonts is installed (our package manager has specific
support for activating services when package operations have finished for
post-install or post-remove type actions).

https://hg.java.net/hg/solaris-x11~x-s12-clone/file/3f159f60ac51/open-src/lib/fontconfig/fc-cache.sh

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com