[Fontconfig] Startup cache check

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Tue Jan 12 18:16:15 PST 2016

Not at this moment. because separating APIs to the scan and the
rebuild makes extra cost. ideally the users shouldn't be aware of the
cache generation. as being discussed on another thread, your issues
may be the side-effect of that. hopefully it will gets better after
fixing that issue.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:05 PM, LRN <lrn1986 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to manually run a cache check at startup without rebuilding
> the cache?
>
> I'd like to do that, and terminate the program if the cache is not up to
> date. The only alternative is to let the application run and let FC
> eventually rebuilt the cache, which can take minutes, depending on the
> number of fonts and the disk performance. I'd rather tell the user to
> update the cache (for which a separate program is available, which is able
> to tell the user what's going on and show the caching progress) and exit
> instead of seemingly hanging up for minutes.
>
> --
> O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org

Akira TAGOH