[Fontconfig] performance issue questions

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Tue Nov 29 07:17:59 UTC 2016

If your program detects duplicates updates the mtime of the directories,
that triggers to rebuild caches as I said earlier. that isn't "nothing
changed".

Anyway, we may need to think about this again. for instance, adding an API
to enable/disable the cache updates automatically in fontconfig or get rid
of it completely and giving a responsibility to the applications to do it
may be good perhaps.

--
Akira TAGOH