[Fontconfig] URW++ Core Font Set (Level 2) -- fontconfig files in upstream?

David Kaspar [Dee'Kej] dkaspar at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 09:53:57 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I had created a fontconfig files for fonts from URW++, which are being used
as Core Font Set (Level 2) for ghostscript, and I have submitted these
files to upstream, asking them if they could include those files in their
repository (and subsequent releases): https://bugs.ghostscript.com/s
how_bug.cgi?id=698333

After it I tried to update the fontconfig files, and found out you have
already done that. (Stupid of me being working with outdated files... :-/)
So, now I would like to know if you would prefer that Artifex (ghostscript
provider, and de-facto upstream for URW++ fonts releases) would keep the
fontconfig files as part of the URW fonts releases, or do you prefer to
keep the config files as part of fontconfig?

I don't want to create any mess or duplication of work for anybody, that's
why I'm asking.

Best regards,

David Kaspar [Dee'Kej]
*Associate Software Engineer*
*Brno, Czech Republic*

RED HAT | TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED.
Every airline in the Fortune 500 relies on Red Hat.
Find out why at Trusted | Red Hat <http://www.redhat.com/en/about/trusted>.