[Fontconfig] Streamlining fontconfig scanning

Jerry Casiano jerrycasiano at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 15:09:06 UTC 2017

It's unfortunate that so many font files out there are just a mess
internally.

The speed increase is obviously a good thing. Not sure if it's worth giving
up the accuracy, but I guess the only way to know for sure is try it and
see how many bugs are actually filed over it.

I don't know how difficult it would be or if it's even worth doing but it
seems the best approach would be to trust the font for the initial scan but
flag it as unchecked then go back and do the full check in the background
with a low priority. That way it doesn't affect application startup, which
seems to be the main issue some are having, and you eventually end up with
an accurate cache

BTW, thank you for Fontconfig.