[Fontconfig] Rejecting and accepting fonts

Donn Ingle donn.ingle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:11:10 UTC 2017

On 15 November 2017 at 12:48, Akira TAGOH <akira at tagoh.org> wrote:

> Are you asking if there are any way to do something in XML instead of "ln
-s"?

Yes. Just in case there's a better (canonical) way to reject and allow
fonts.

> Here is to allow only /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf and
> reject all of fonts under /usr/share/fonts.
>
> <fontconfig>
>   <selectfont>
>     <acceptfont>
>       <glob>/usr/share/fonts/dejavu</glob>
>       <glob>/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf</glob>
>     </acceptfont>
>   </selectfont>
> </fontconfig>
>
> Adding a directory too is the trick. fontconfig checks a directory
> first then filenames in it so just adding a filename without dir
> fails.

Hey,
 thanks for your response.

It's not working on my end, which is surely my fault!

I note that my path is: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/ but even
adjusting for that, there is no appearance of DejaVuSans in fc-list.

I tried various paths like:
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/*
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/
And various slash-no-slash on the ends.

None of it works. I see only the fonts in my user fonts directory. It's as
if that rejectfonts glob is too powerful somehow!

/d