[Fontconfig] DTD

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Thu May 3 04:22:50 UTC 2018

On Thu, 03 May 2018 00:04:44 -0400, jerrycasiano at gmail.com wrote:

> In any case, if I get around to it I'll probably modify your script to
> return a pass/fail and use that instead.

It uses my Python binding for Fontconfig:
<https://github.com/ldo/python_fontconfig>.

Note that FcConfigParseAndLoad doesn’t return any failure indication to
the caller if the file has errors in it -- only if it cannot actually
find the file. All errors are written directly to stderr.

So you’ll need some kind of further wrapper to watch out for these
messages if you want to automate the validation.