[Fontconfig] Debugging fontconfig issue

adam.w at sasktel.net adam.w at sasktel.net
Thu Dec 5 10:10:50 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to see exactly which .conf file is responsible for applying a particular setting for a particular font.

For example, I have the following file: ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf where I can successfully apply hinting/aliasing/etc to a <match target="font"> block.

However underneath it, I'm trying to apply a font specific setting for the Arial font. I'm trying to disable antialiasing for this font. I have the following:

<match target="pattern">
    <test name="family" qual="any">
	    <string>Arial</string>
    </test>
    <edit name="antialias" mode="assign">
	    <bool>false</bool>
    </edit>
</match>

However the font is still being antialiased as I can see from running: fc-match Arial --verbose

Not sure if I'm just doing it wrong? Any help is appreciated,

Thanks