[Fontconfig] Next steps for a reproducible Fontconfig?

Alexander Larsson alexander.larsson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 15:33:13 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 7:21 PM Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:

> Alexander Larsson <alexander.larsson at gmail.com> writes:

> > Yeah, there will be two files. One static in the runtime
> > (/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-flatpak.xml), and one generated by flatpak
> > (/run/host/fontconf.xml).
>
> Sounds like we've got a plan for this part -- fix my mapping code to use
> config bits separate from the <dir> elements, then add a 'salt'
> mechanism in the config bits that stirs in some random data when
> generating the cache keys for specific directory trees.

Whats the status of this. Can we come up with an agreed upon format
for doing the dir remapping (outside of the dir nodes) soon? I'm about
to do a flatpak 1.2 release and would like to preempt things by
generating the dir mapping dynamic snippet so we can use it when we
update fontconfig in the runtime. (Note: We need not yet finalize the
salt stuff, because that will not be in the dynamic flatpak-generated
part of this.)