[Fontconfig] Next steps for a reproducible Fontconfig?

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Thu Jan 31 10:36:36 UTC 2019

I've done implementation for salt:
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/tagoh/fontconfig/commits/flatpak-rework

That should works as expected.
For summary to support this on flatpak side, All of flatpaks needs to have:

   <dir salt="something">/usr/share/fonts</dir>

and more if there are any fonts directories on sandbox where has same
directory names on host.
or may be better having a salt regardless of it to make them
differenciated to host perhaps. I'll leave it to you, Alex.

No salt should be needed for remap-dir so far.

Ah, and if you want to manage fonts directories in a single file and
don't want to modify fonts.conf, you can put <reset-dirs/> prior to
re-define own fonts directories with dir elements.

Please test it.

--
Akira TAGOH