[Fontconfig] Type Of “size” Property?

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Mon Jun 3 11:34:54 UTC 2019

The type specific getter/setter are still useful when you are sure
what type of values they are. fontconfig tries to convert a type of
value for setter as far as possible but for getter you better using
FcPatternGet and accessing through FcValue would be safe.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 5:48 PM Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<ldo at geek-central.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 16:44:59 +0900, Akira TAGOH wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 7:12 PM Lawrence D'Oliveiro
> > <ldo at geek-central.gen.nz> wrote:
> >
> >> Am I right in concluding that this property is still a double, as
> >> documented in older fontconfig/fontconfig.h? And that (at least as
> >> of 2.13.1), no property actually uses the new Range type?
> >
> > No, it can be Range in some cases, such as TrueType GX fonts.
>
> So properties need not be of fixed types any more? Which kind of limits
> the usefulness of the FCPatternGetXXX type-specific routines?
>
> Just as well I now cater for that possibility in my Python binding
> <https://github.com/ldo/python_fontconfig/commit/3993541a806ca450426e6ba36d6ddb377287e719> ...

Akira TAGOH