[Fontconfig] FcPatternGet always gives font weight of '0'

Lucien Gentis lucien.gentis at waika9.com
Tue Sep 10 16:40:40 UTC 2019

In fact, I said something wrong: Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian have not the
same version of fontconfig:

fontconfig version under Ubuntu 18.04 is 2.12.6
fontconfig version under Debian 10 is 2.13.1

and something has changed for font weight between these two versions:

I looked at source code and saw that

fcobjs.h - version 2.12.6 says "FC_OBJECT (WEIGHT, FcTypeInteger,
FcCompareNumber)"
and that
fcobjs.h - version 2.13.1 says "FC_OBJECT (WEIGHT, FcTypeRange,
FcCompareRange)"

So I think it implies that WEIGHT is yet of type FcTypeRange

In this case, how to get weight property of a FcPattern ?