[fprint] fprintd database protection, enrolling fail, abort fprint scanning

Wolfgang Ullrich w.ullrich at n-view.net
Wed Nov 16 23:47:47 PST 2011

Did you try fingerprint-gui?
http://www.pdfserver.net/fingerprint

Besides the libfprint drivers it makes use of a proprietary driver
libbsapi.so for upek devices with better recognition rates.
Also it has a clean and well privileged directory
in /var/lib/fingerprint-gui/, where fingerprint data are stored
protected against other users. The pam_fingerprint-gui.so module
recognizes remote sessions and doesn't request finger swipes for them.

W.U.