[fprint] question about biometric verify

Linos info at linos.es
Mon Sep 26 09:10:15 PDT 2011

Hi,
   i am using libfprint with an usb upek eikon to enroll and verify fingerprints
at the beginning and the end of the work hours in our office.

I store the binary data generated after the enroll of every user in a blob in
our database, when i want to verify the user type his username and later push
verify button, i get his finger data blob from the database and use
fp_verify_finger function, all works ok.

What i would like to do, with this reader or other where this works, it is to do
the reverse operation, get the finger data from the fingerprint reader and
identify who it is the user the read data belongs, the finger data changes at
every enroll and i need to read the finger in a try, not have to pass all the
stages of the enroll.

For what i understand i could do something like this with a fingerprint reader
that gives me the image because the process it is external with NBIS, but a time
of 0.15 seconds for every check would be a long time test in the worst case for
the 150 workers, any way to do this with the upek eikon or other reader at a
reasonable time?

Thanks.

Regards,
Miguel Angel.