[fprint] Crosscompiling libfprint

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Aug 14 07:24:47 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 06:00 -0700, Karsten Jeppesen wrote:
> Hi Vasily,
>

> Thanks for the reply.
> It didn't solve the problem, but that could be my fault.
>

> Due to embedded workwise - I am locked in on FC11. So that was the
> reason for the older code.
> I cant find the git on the webpages, so I downloaded the version 0.4.0
> (http://people.freedesktop.org/~hadess/libfprint-0.4.0.tar.bz2)
> Is that the right one or is there a git somewhere?
>

> Anyhow - I get somewhat the same error ( except now its udev related):

> ./fprint-list-udev-rules > 60-fprint-autosuspend.rules
> ./fprint-list-udev-rules: line
> 117: /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/libfprint-0.4.0/libfprint/.libs/lt-fprint-list-udev-rules: cannot execute binary file
> ./fprint-list-udev-rules: line
> 117: /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/libfprint-0.4.0/libfprint/.libs/lt-fprint-list-udev-rules: Success
> make[3]: *** [60-fprint-autosuspend.rules] Error 1
>

> And again thanks for you very fast reply.

This should be fixed in git, and will be available in the next tarball.
If you want to test it before then (and I hope you do test it), there's
some more steps needed:
- run make dist in a non-cross-compiling environment
- verify that the rules file for udev has been created, and is contained
inside the tarball
- use the tarball to cross-compile, and make sure to pass
--enable-udev-rules=no to ./configure.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers